This course provides an overview and framework for conducting effective and meaningful public participation. It presents a well-organized approach to public participation by presenting the eight elements of meaningful participation. It places focus on practical understanding of public participation and helps participants to explore a wide range of issues including:
- What is public participation?
- How do we engage the public to help us make better decisions?
- Where is public participation appropriate and how do we make this determination?
- What makes organizations credible and trustworthy?
- How do we design public participation for meaningful results?
- How do set clear goals and expectations?
- Overview of best practices in planning, design, and implementation
- How to avoid common mistakes.